How Can We Help?
Every Citizen of Pakistan is entitled to Machine Readable Passport for traveling abroad, subject to the completion of all formalities. The applicant will go through the following stages at Regional Passport Office (RPO) for obtaining Machine Readable Passport (MRP): read more…
In Pakistan & Foreign Missions Abroad:
- Arrival of Applicant at Customer Service Counter.
- Token Counter + Photograph Capturing.
- Biometric Data Capturing. i.e.(Finger Print)
- Data Entry.
- Verification as per Office Record.
- Interview and Decision by Assistant Director.
- Passport Delivery Counter.
Types of Passport:
The Passport Act, 1974 and Passport & Visa Manual 2006 regulate the issuance of passports. There are three types of passports being issued:
Ordinary Machine Readable Passport is issued to all citizens of Pakistan. read more…
Requirement for MRP(Machine Readable Passport)
- Computerized National Identity Card (CNIC)/NICOP/Smart-Card or Children Registration Certificate (Form”B”)
- Original Bank Challan of Rs.3000/- for Normal & Rs.5000/- for Urgent processing for 5 years validity passport & Rs.4500/- for Normal & Rs.7500/- for Urgent processing of 10 years validity passport
- Children under 15 years of age will be issued 05 years validity Passport
- Old Passport (if any) For more Details Please Visit Government of Pakistan DIRECTORATE GENERAL OF IMMIGRATION & PASSPORTS Ministry of Interior
The Directorate General of Immigration & Passports will issue the Machine Readable Passport (MRP) valid for five years & Ten years subject to fee deposit.
- Passport having validity of 05 years cannot be converted into validity for 10 years.
- Children under 15 years of age will be issued Passport having 05 years validity.
After submitting Prescribed Passport Fee for acquiring the relevant Passport Category, the applicant will go through the following stages at Regional Passport Office (RPO) for obtaining Machine Readable Passport (MRP):
Process Flow In Pakistan & Foreign Missions Abroad
NOTE: Before arrival at the Regional Passport Office (RPO), Original Bank Challan receipt must be acquired from the authorised branches of the National Bank in Pakistan & relevant bank branches for Foreign Missions respectively, by depositing an Prescribed Passport Fee.
o Arrival of Applicant at Customer Service Counter. Process Flow Chart
o Token Counter + Capturing of Photograph
o Biometric Data Capture. (Finger Prints)
o Data Entry.
o Verification as per Office Record. (ECL/BL)
o Interview and Decision by Assistant Director.
o Passport Delivery Time (Collection of Passport).
Step 1 – Arrival of Applicant at Customer Service Counter
- The applicant will approach the customer service counter at Regional Passport Office.
- Applicant will be guided about the process flow of the System for applying the passport.
- In case the applicant has all the requisite documents he/she will be guided to the Token Counter.
- Separate passport will be issued to each and every applicant irrespective of age.
- ALL SORTS OF ENDORSEMENTS INCLUDING NAMES OF CHILDREN IN PARENTS PASSPORTS IS Not-Allowed in the Machine Readable Passport.
Step 2 – Token Counter + Capturing of Photograph
- The applicant will produce the original CNIC/Smart-Card/NICOP or Children Registration Certificate (CRC), in case of below 18 years of age, along with its copies and Bank Challan Form.
- The Camera operator will proceed with capturing of applicants photograph.
- Token will be issued to the applicant.
Step 3 – Biometric Data Capture (Finger Prints)
- The applicant after obtaining token will approach the Biometric Counter as soon as his token appears at Biometric Capturing Counter.
- Data Entry Operator (DEO) at the Counter will capture his right thumb, right index finger, Left Thumb and Left index finger impressions.
Step 4 – Data Entry
- The Applicant will move to the Data Entry Counters as soon as his token number appears on the Counter.
- The Data Entry Operator will enter all the required data of the Applicant while the data entry screen will also be visible to the Applicant.
- In case of any modification in data, the Applicant should guide by the Data Entry Operator accordingly. After the data entry is completed Data Entry Form will be printed by the operator and will be presented to the Applicant for verification.
- The Applicant will verify all its contents by signing the form.
- The applicant will be asked to collect duplicate token from the data entry counter.
- NOTE: ANY CHANGE IN THE DATA SHOULD BE POINTED OUT AT THIS STAGE. ONCE THE INFORMATION HAVE BEEN SAVED, FOR ANY MODIFICATION THE TOKEN WILL HAVE TO BE CANCELLED AND THE APPLICANT WILL HAVE TO GO THROUGH THE WHOLE PROCESS AGAIN. AFTER ALLOWING “GO AHEAD” THE DATA BY THE ASSISTANT DIRECTOR, NO CHANGE IN THE DATA WILL BE POSSIBLE.
Step 5 – Verification as per Office Record (ECL/BL)
- The verification against office record will be carried out.
- Verification against Exit Control List (ECL) and Black List (BL).
- In case of slightest doubt about the National Status of the applicant the case may be referred to Special Branch/IB for confirmation of his National Status as a citizen of Pakistan or otherwise.
Step 6 – Interview & Decision by Assistant Director
- Finally the applicant will appear before Assistant Director when his token appears on AD counter along with all the original documents.
- The Assistant Director will interview the Applicant and declare his verdict to the applicant whether his case is to be allowed go-ahead or overruled.
- Assistant Director will defer the case of Applicant below 18 years of age and will handover the printed form to the applicant for attestation of his photograph from a Class 1 Govt. officer.
- The attester will have to write his/her CNIC/Contact No. along with the official stamp on the form.
- On production of data form (duly attested) the deferred Token will be allowed go-ahead.
Passport Delivery Time (Collection of Passport)
- After successful completion of above stages, the Applicant will be given:-
- 10 working days time to collect his/her passport; in case of normal passport.
- 04 working days time to collect his/her passport; in case of urgent passport.
NOTE: Passports dispatched from the Headquarters for delivery to the applicants within prescribed processing period could be tracked through SMS & Online Passport Tracking System, but to reach their destination i.e. respective Regional Passport Office (RPO) or Foreign Mission (FM) they may take some shipment time.
Following are the mandatory requirements for applying Machine Readable Passport (MRP).
|Normal/Urgent||18 & Above||Original Bank Challan (receipt) with prescribed fee deposits.
Original Computerised National Identity Card (CNIC)/NICOP/Smart-Card issued by NADRA with its 2-photocopies.
OLD Passport with its photocopy, if issued.
NOC in case of a Government Servant.
Foreign Passport along with its photocopy, for Dual-Nationality holders only.
|Normal/Urgent||Under 18||Original Bank Challan (receipt) with prescribed fee deposits.
Original Computerized Registration Certificate (CRC) issued by NADRA with its 2-photocopies.
Copies of Parents Computerised National Identity Card (CNIC), accompanied with either of them (Father/Mother).
Foreign Passport along with its photocopy, for Dual -Nationality holders only.
Their are two categories of Ordinary Machine Readable Passport, only for variation among application type/procedure of obtaining passport.
Machine Readable Passport (MRP) shall require not less than following time duration, to be made available for its delivery after being successfully processed.
NOTE: Passports dispatched from the Headquarters for delievery to the applicants within prescribed processing period could be tracked through SMS & Online Passport Tracking System, but to reach their destination i.e. respective Regional Passport Office (RPO) or Foreign Mission (FM), they may take some additional shipment time.
Fee for 05 YEARS Validity
Fee for 10 YEARS Validity
Renewal of Passport
Under Passport & Visa Manual 2006, there is no restriction for renewal of passport before its expiry. Passport having full validity of 5/10 years can be issued to the applicants even if existing passport has not completed its validity. However, a statement mentioning the reason for obtaining a new passport before its expiry may be obtained from the applicant. The existing passport may be cancelled and returned to the applicant. All other formalities may also be completed.
Jurisdiction of Regional Passport Offices
- According to the existing passport policy the first ever passport will be issued only from the Regional Passport Office in whose jurisdiction the permanent or temporary address of the applicant as recorded in CNIC falls.
- Applicants of subsequent passports can be entertained by the Regional passport Offices in Pakistan on the basis of temporary address (not given in CNIC) of the area which falls within the jurisdiction of those offices. However, such present addresses must be complete and attested by a Gazetted Officer bearing the CNIC & Telephone number of attester below his by name stamp.
- The Government servants / Armed Forces personnel / Employees of autonomous / Semi Government bodies / Corporations and their family members are exempted from the restriction of jurisdiction (family members include wife, children & dependents parents).
- Passport to the Spouse & family members may also be issued from the Regional Passport Office in whose jurisdiction the address of the Spouse is not recorded on CNIC/NICOP, but address of the husband recorded on his CNIC falls within the jurisdiction.
- Student may be extended passport facilities on production of proof of the institution where he is studying.
- All zonal heads are empowered to condone the condition of jurisdiction on merit of each case subject to production of proof of residence of the applicant.
Regional Passport Offices (RPOs) of various Zones & Foreign Missions
In case of the loss of passport following formalities will be completed :Passport, when reported Lost
- Police report to be lodged with the concerned police station.
- Requisite fee as per nature of loss i.e. 1st loss, 2nd loss, 3rd loss to be deposited in the Bank.
|First Time Lost||
|Second Time Lost||
|Third Time Lost||
|Kindly provide the following information while making any query specifically for matters related to PASSPORT POLICY.
Kindly provide the following information while making any query specifically for BLACK-LIST Cases.
Diplomatic passports are issued to the Diplomats and other entitled categories in pursuance of Para-45 of Passport & Visa Manual, 2006.
Official passports are issued to Pakistani Nationals who are Senators, MNAs, Provincial Ministers, Judges of the Supreme Court of Pakistan/High Courts, Officers serving with the Government and proceeding abroad on official assignments etc. in pursuance of Para-9 of Passport & Visa Manual, 2006.
- Diplomatic Passport Rules (Para-45 of Passport & VIsa Manual 2006).
- Official Passport Rules (Para-9 of Passport & VIsa Manual 2006).
- SOP for issuance of Passport.
- SOP for issuance of Emergency Travel Documents(ETD)
- List of Passport Offices.
- Passport Act 1974.
- Passport Rules 1974.
- Naturalization Act 1926 – Naturalization Rules 1961 & 1973 – Pakistan Citizenship Act 1951 – Pakistan Citizenship Rules 1952 .